H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look Water-based is a premium quality 100% clear acrylic sealer that will enhance and protect previously coated, bare concrete, and other masonry surfaces. It is a single component, nationally compliant sealer that can be applied to both interior or exterior applications. H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look Water-based will apply milky white to ensure complete coverage, but dries to a transparent, durable gloss finish.
Tested on Brick Pavers – 2 coats applied.
H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 5
– Being that this sealer is H&C’s designated “wet look” sealer, we expected a much richer look. The sealer did darken the surface but only slightly. Not on par with other water based sealers and not even close to a good solvent based sealer.
Gloss Level: 4
– H&C Wet Look Sealer had little to no gloss for the first coat and a matte sheen after the second coat.
Joint Sand Hardening: 8
– The H&C Wet Look Sealer performed very well in this category. The sand between the pavers hardened all the way to the base. After 2 years the sand had little loss or erosion.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 5
– After 2 years the H&C Wet Look Sealer had dulled to a lighter shade. There was a large amount of mold and algae growing on top of the sealer and in between the sand joints.
White Haze/Yellowing: 3
– This sealer is definitely prone to turning milky white. The entire paver patio had blushed significantly. The manufacturer in their directions say that this could happen if the sealer was over applied. We did not over apply the sealer but rather followed their directions and it still turned white.
Overall Score H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look at 2 Year Period: 5
– H&C Wet Look is sold at local hardware stores and paint outlets. It is a consumer grade coating, not a professional grade. It lacks the ability to provide a deep rich wet look and blushes/turns white when exposed to weathering. Coverage is poor but it is easily applied.
This sealer will need to be chemically stripped and removed.
Where To Buy Online: Sherwin Williams
Sealer Type: Water-Based Acrylic Sealer
Types of Substrates: Brick, Concrete, Aggregate, Decorative Stamped
Coats Required: 1-2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 75-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller, Airless Sprayer
Dry Time: 1-2 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Manufacturer: H&C Concrete
Surface Type: Brick Pavers
UV Exposure: Mostly shaded area
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.