Brick Paver Patios and landscaping blocks have become increasingly popular in the last 10-20 years. They offer an alternative to regular plain white concrete by adding old world charm which resemble walkways and streets of the 19th century. Brick Paver patios can be customized to be designed for any area. They are very popular for driveways, walkways, around pools, etc. Of course with any exterior horizontal surface, there is a need for general maintenance with brick pavers by cleaning and sealing on a regular basis.
Brick paver sealers are water repellents and coatings that are specifically designed to be used on paver stones and block.
Paver sealers have 3 main functions:
What Sealer is Best for Stamped Concrete Patios
Stamped Concrete Patios and Driveways are decorative surfaces that have become popular in the last 10 years or so. These surfaces utilize patterns and different colors to create a dramatic look to your landscaping. As with any exterior concrete surface, Stamped patios need to be maintained on a consistent basis.
Failure to maintain your Stamped Concrete will result in:
SuperSeal30 is a Higher Gloss Concrete Sealer that can be used for many different types of concrete surfaces. SuperSeal30 is very popular for Brick Paver Patios, Exposed Aggregate, and Stamped Concrete. This sealer will darken the appearance and leave a shine.
The SuperSeal30 is a solvent based breathable acrylic sealer.
SuperSeal30 Paver and Concrete Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 10
– SuperSeal30 contains 30% solid content of acrylic. It darkened our 4 year old paver patio as as if wet with water and stayed that way after drying. Enhanced the natural red and brown tones in our paver bricks.
Gloss Level: 9
– The high solid content of the SuperSeal gave our paver patio a high gloss shine. The overall appearance on out test patio was quite rich looking but not too shiny that it looked “fake”. The sealer was slightly slippery for the first couple of weeks when it rained but after full curing, that was not an issue.
Sealing Exposed Aggregate patios, driveways, and walkways will enhance and protect your surface from damaging weathering and deicing salts. Sealing aggregate stone is something any homeowner can do with great results.
Benefits of Sealing Exposed Aggregate
What is the Highest Gloss Paver Sealer?
Sealing your exterior hard surfaces is a great way to keep them looking good while providing weather protection. Surfaces around the home that can be sealed range from brick pavers, stamped concrete, acid stained concrete, exposed aggregate, and all other types of decorative concrete.
Sealing pavers and other surfaces serves two purposes. One of course is to prolong the life of the substrate. A quality sealer will protect the surface from staining and weather damage. A penetrating sealer will block unwanted moisture, protect against salt and de-icing chemicals, acid rain, and erosion.
The SuperSeal VOC is a 25% solid solvent based acrylic that is primarily used for all exterior decorative concrete such as Brick Pavers, Stamped Concrete, Exposed Aggregate, etc. This sealer will darken the appearance and leave a shine similar to a semi-gloss.
It was one of a handful of solvent based sealers of this type that can still be shipped to states such as California.
Note: This sealer has the same properties as the SuperSeal25 but with an exempt solvent that allows it to be used for Low VOC restricted states.
SuperSeal VOC Paver and Concrete Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 10
– SuperSeal VOC enhanced the Stamped Concrete patio dramatically. The gray and red colors in the dye of the concrete were restored and enhanced to a rich color.
Gloss Level: 7
– SuperSeal VOC is a 25% solid styrene acrylic sealant. After drying the patio had retained a semi-gloss shine, Overall appearance was uniform and no bubbles in the sealer were present.
The original Glaze N Seal “Wet Look” Lacquer provides beautiful high gloss protection to decorative concrete, masonry, and natural stone. For use on porous materials. A clear, non- yellowing sealer that resists tough oils, water, and acid – indoors and outdoors. Deep bonding formula resists peeling, cracking, UV degradation and efflorescence. Great for driveways, patios, fountains, and pond.
Glaze ’N Seal is a crystal clear, high solids acrylic coating designed to protect and beautify concrete, masonry and tile surfaces. This super-tough film was formulated for interior or exterior use. Walk on it – drive on it (it does reject organic stains). It offers ultimate protection in a clear finish.
Brick Paver Patio – 1 coat applied.
Glaze N Seal Wet Look Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 8
– Glaze N Seal Wet Look is an excellent wet look sealer. The brick paver patio that we applied to had never been sealed since it was installed 6 years ago. The Glaze N Seal enhanced the gray and red paver bricks as if they were wet with water. Customer was very happy after application.
Gloss Level: 6
– Of the solvent based sealers, Glaze N Seal Wet Look is not the shiniest. The final gloss level after applying 2 coats was a nice matte shine.
INDUSTRA-GLOSS SB is a high performance proprietary formulation of pure acrylic resin in a solvent base. Can be used as a cure, sealer and as a stain resistant surface protector. INDUSTRA-GLOSS SB is excellent for exterior and interior on most horizontal and vertical surfaces.
Driveways | Patios | Pavers | Stamped concrete | Garages | Showrooms | Exposed aggregate | Decorative Concrete
Tested on Stamped Concrete – 1 coat applied.
V-Seal Industra-Gloss SB Gloss Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 9
– V-Seal Industra-Gloss SB gave a beautiful wet look to our stamped concrete patio. This sealer enhanced the red and brown colors extremely well. Exactly what you would expect with a high solid, solvent based acrylic sealer.
Gloss Level: 9
– We applied 1 coat of the V-Seal Industra-Gloss to our stamped concrete. It applied at 150 sq. feet per gallon and the result was a gloss sheen. We did not bother applying a second coat as it did not need it.
SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer seals and enhances the natural colors of treated surfaces with a luxurious, wet look. It is breathable and will not trap naturally occurring efflorescence, allowing it to be applied immediately after paving stones are installed. SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer improves surface durability and freeze-thaw resistance while protecting the surface from salt, acid and staining. SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer is a water-based, exterior quality, epoxy modified surface sealer.
Surebond SB-6000 Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 8
– For a water based sealer, SB-6000 does a better then average job with darkening the brick pavers with a rich wet look. Applies milky white but dries crystal clear.
Gloss Level: N/A
– SB-6000 is not designed to add a gloss or shine.
H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look Water-based is a premium quality 100% clear acrylic sealer that will enhance and protect previously coated, bare concrete, and other masonry surfaces. It is a single component, nationally compliant sealer that can be applied to both interior or exterior applications. H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look Water-based will apply milky white to ensure complete coverage, but dries to a transparent, durable gloss finish.
Tested on Brick Pavers – 2 coats applied.
H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 5
– Being that this sealer is H&C’s designated “wet look” sealer, we expected a much richer look. The sealer did darken the surface but only slightly. Not on par with other water based sealers and not even close to a good solvent based sealer.
Gloss Level: 4
– H&C Wet Look Sealer had little to no gloss for the first coat and a matte sheen after the second coat.