This post was most recently updated on January 30th, 2023
Update Behr Premium Waterproofer Review 2023
A premium interior/exterior waterproofing formula that uses the latest water-based silicone technology designed to penetrate surfaces up to 1/2″. This waterproofer creates a barrier inside the surface that keeps water out, but lets trapped water vapors escape; reducing corrosion, spalling, efflorescence, and freeze-thaw damage. It reduces staining due to mold, mildew, algae growth and ensures greater durability of the surface. The protection is not worn away with normal use. It protects long after the water beading is gone!
Concrete Sealer Ingredients: Silicon
Concrete Sealer Type: Invisible Water Repellent. It does not change the appearance.
Behr Premium Waterproofer Scores (1-10)
Ease of Application: 7
– The Behr Premium Waterproofer is very thin in consistency and looks like you are applying white water. The issue we had is that the sprayer kept getting clogged from large white chunks in the sealer. After running the sealer through a screen, we did not have any more issues. Very frustrating though!
Water Repellency: 7
– After a few days, we tested the Behr Premium Waterproofer with a hose. Light saturation of the water and it beaded well. Heavy saturation and the sealer did not repel the water very well.
Cost per foot: 9
– At $22 a gallon, the Behr Premium Waterproofer is very inexpensive. We used 2 gallons for our 400 sq. feet area.
Durability/Spalling After 2 Years: 4
– After 2 years the Behr Premium Waterproofer did not bead any water at all. Checking with reviews online at HD, there are many customers who have had similar results.
Behr Premium Waterproofer comes with a supposed 10-year warranty. Unfortunately, Home Depot would not cover the warranty or even give us a replacement product. The warranty is “limited”, meaning they do not cover normal wear/tear and natural weather.
Overall Score Behr Premium Waterproofer: 5.4
– This concrete sealer and water repellent is a waste of time. Typically poor quality from Behr and a trumped-up warranty that is useless.
Where To Buy Online: Home Depot
Types of Substrates: Concrete, Brick, Masonry, Natural Stone, Aggregate
Coats Required: 1 coat
Coverage Per Gallon: 150-250 sq. ft
Application Tools: Bruch, Roller, Sprayer
Dry Time:24-48 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Surface Type: Concrete Walkway
Exposure: Heavy Traffic, Snow, Salts, Rain
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.