A premium interior/exterior waterproofing formula that uses the latest water-based silicone technology designed to penetrate surfaces up to 1/2″. This waterproofer creates a barrier inside the surface that keeps water out, but lets trapped water vapors escape; reducing corrosion, spalling, efflorescence and freeze-thaw damage. It reduces staining due to mold, mildew, algae growth and ensures greater durability of the surface. The protection is not worn away with normal use. It protects long after the water beading is gone!
Concrete Sealer Ingredients: Silicon
Concrete Sealer Type: Invisible Water Repellent. Does not change appearance.
Behr Premium Waterproofer Scores (1-10)
Ease of Application: 7
– The Behr Premium Waterproofer is very thin in consistency and looks like you are applying white water. The issue we had is that the sprayer kept getting clogged from large white chunks in the sealer. After running the sealer through a screen, we did not have any more issues. Very frustrating though!
Water Repellency: 7
– After a few days, we tested the Behr Premium Waterproofer with a hose. Light saturation on the water beaded well. Heavy saturation and the sealer did not repel the water very well.
Cost per foot: 9
– At $22 a gallon, the Behr Premium Waterproofer is very inexpensive. We used 2 gallons for our 400 sq. feet area.
Durability/Spalling After 2 Years: 4
– After 2 years the Behr Premium Waterproofer did not bead any water at all. Checking with reviews online at HD, there are many customers who have had similar results.
Behr Premium Waterproofer comes with a supposed 10-year warranty. Unfortunately, Home Depot would not cover the warranty or even give us replacement product. The warranty is “limited”, meaning they do not cover normal wear/tear and natural weather.
Overall Score Behr Premium Waterproofer: 5.4
– This concrete sealer and water repellent is a waste of time. Typically poor quality from Behr and a trumped up warranty that is useless.
Where To Buy Online: Home Depot
Types of Substrates: Concrete, Brick, Masonry, Natural Stone, Aggregate
Coats Required: 1 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 150-250 sq. ft
Application Tools: Bruch, Roller, Sprayer
Dry Time:24-48 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Surface Type: Concrete Walkway
Exposure: Heavy Traffic, Snow, Salts, Rain
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.