BEHR PREMIUM® WET-LOOK SEALER is a clear, non-yellowing, high solids, acrylic-based masonry sealer. It is formulated to seal, protect and beautify concrete and masonry surfaces with a high gloss, wet-look finish. BEHR PREMIUM WET-LOOK SEALER is also an excellent topcoat for paints and stains.
Applied to a stamped concrete walkway.
Behr Wet Look Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 3
– Wet look? The Behr wet look sealer barely changed the appearance of the stamped concrete surface even after two coats. Went on milky white and dried milky as well.
Gloss Level: 3
– Behr claims that their sealer will leave a high gloss shine. After the two coast, we barely saw any remnants of any gloss let alone a high gloss. Very misleading marketing from Behr.
Joint Sand Hardening: N/A
– We applied this to a stamped concrete patio where there was not any jointing sand.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 5
– We gave this a 5 since it really did not change much after two years. It looked bad going on and it still looked bad after two years. There was no visible wearing or peeling of the sealer.
White Haze/Yellowing: 2
– The sealer dried with white haze after it was applied and was still there after two years. The customer was not pleased and we needed to chemically strip off the Behr Wet Look Sealer to fix.
Overall Score Behr Wet Look Sealer Sealer at 2 Year Period: 3.3
– Just a poor overall sealer. It does nothing that the marketing claims. Does not darken much, left little to no gloss, and made the stamped concrete look worse than when we started. When checking reviews on the Home Depot site, there are many homeowners who have shared our same experience with this product.
Stay away from this sealer, you will need to chemically strip to fix!
Where To Buy Online: Home Depot
Sealer Type: Gloss Water-Based Acrylic
Types of Substrates: Brick Pavers, Concrete, Tiles, Aggregate, Stamped
Coats Required: 2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller, Plastic Sprayer
Dry Time: 1-4 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Surface Type: Stamped Concrete Walkway
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.