This post was most recently updated on January 30th, 2023
Update 2023 for Behr Wet Look Sealer Review
As of 2023, we have found that the Behr Wet Look Sealer has shown major issues for Stamped Concrete, Brick Pavers, and other Decorative Concrete Surfaces. If you have any questions on the Behr Wet Look Sealer product, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
BEHR PREMIUM® WET-LOOK SEALER is a clear, non-yellowing, high solids, acrylic-based masonry sealer. It is formulated to seal, protect and beautify concrete and masonry surfaces with a high gloss, wet-look finish. BEHR PREMIUM WET-LOOK SEALER is also an excellent topcoat for paints and stains.
Applied to a stamped concrete walkway.
Behr Wet Look Sealer Ratings (1-10)
Wet Look: 3
– Wet look? The Behr wet look sealer barely changed the appearance of the stamped concrete surface even after two coats. It went on milky white and dried milky as well.
Gloss Level: 3
– Behr claims that their sealer will leave a high gloss shine. After the two coats, we barely saw any remnants of any gloss let alone a high gloss. Very misleading marketing from Behr.
Joint Sand Hardening: N/A
– We applied this to a stamped concrete patio where there was not any jointing sand.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 5
– We gave this a 5 since it really did not change much after two years. It looked bad going on and it still looked bad after two years. There was no visible wearing or peeling of the sealer.
White Haze/Yellowing: 2
– The sealer dried with white haze after it was applied and was still there after two years. The customer was not pleased and we needed to chemically strip off the Behr Wet Look Sealer to fix.
Overall Score Behr Wet Look Sealer Sealer at 2 Year Period: 3.3
-Just a poor overall sealer. It does nothing that the marketing claims. It does not darken much, left little to no gloss, and made the stamped concrete look worse than when we started. When checking reviews on the Home Depot site, there are many homeowners who have shared our same experience with this product.
Stay away from this sealer, you will need to chemically strip to fix it!
Where To Buy Online: Home Depot
Sealer Type: Gloss Water-Based Acrylic
Types of Substrates: Brick Pavers, Concrete, Tiles, Aggregate, Stamped
Coats Required: 2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller, Plastic Sprayer
Dry Time: 1-4 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Surface Type: Stamped Concrete Walkway
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.