This post was most recently updated on January 30th, 2023
Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer
As of 2023, we have found that the Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer performed very poorly on or brick paver patio test. It barely enhanced the 10-year-old brick patio and was gone within months.
If you have any questions on the Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer Description
Black Diamond COLOR ENHANCER is water-based and low odor. It penetrates deep into hard surfaces enhancing the natural beauty of pavers, concrete, natural stone including marble, granite, slate, limestone, travertine, and masonry surfaces without adding significant gloss to the surface. Our Color Enhancer is formulated to darken and highlight the character and beauty of unsealed surfaces. It rejuvenates the color and improves the appearance of worn and weathered stone.
Black Diamond Color Enhancer for Paver and Concrete Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 5
– Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer contains 20%+ solid content. It barely darkened the appearance of our 10-year-old brick paver patio after we applied two coats.
Gloss Level: N/A
– The Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer is not designed to give a gloss.
Joint Sand Hardening: 0
– Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer was applied did not harden or seal the sand between the paver joints. The description does say ” It also effectively seals and darkens the color of grout joints”.We found it did nothing to the sand or seal the joints.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 0
– Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealers did not even last 6 months on our test patio.
White Haze/Yellowing: 10
– The Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer did not have any issues with turning white or yellowing. Probably because the sealer was none existent after 6 months.
Overall Score Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer at 2 Year Period: 3.75
– Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer says it is designed for paver and other exterior concrete but it just does not work or perform well. Read reviews on Amazon, etc, and you will see that it performs very poorly on most exterior surfaces.
Do not bother with using this product if using it outdoors.
Black Diamond Wet Look Stone Product Information:
Where To Buy Amazon: Black Diamond Color Enhancer Sealer
Sealer Type: Water-Based
Types of Substrates: Pavers, Natural Stone, Etc
Coats Required: 1-2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft per gallon in tests per coat.
Application Tools: Roller, Brush, Sprayer
Dry Time: 2-4 Hours
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Black Diamond Stoneworks
Black Diamond Wet Look Stone Test Stats:
Surface Type: Brick Paver Patio
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.
We used the color enhancer on our Spanish roof tiles to enhance the multi colors on them because they were dull in appearance. I must say all the colors came to life and now roof tiles really pop. This stuff is amazing 👏
Do you have a picture?
The directions instruct to keep the surface damp while product is being absorbed (10 minutes). How is this done? The surface is supposed to be clean and dry at the time of application. So how do I maintain dampness? With a squirt bottle?
You would need to contact them directlt for help with this.
My understanding, is that you should keep the area wet with the sealer product for the 10 minutes that you are soaking that area. Then wipe, with a dry cloth or paper towel, to remove any excess product.