This post was most recently updated on January 26th, 2022
Update 2022 for Glaze N Seal Wet Look Sealer Review
If you have any questions or have used the Glaze N Seal Wet Look Sealer product, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
The original Glaze N Seal “Wet Look” Lacquer provides beautiful high gloss protection to decorative concrete, masonry, and natural stone. For use on porous materials. A clear, non-yellowing sealer that resists tough oils, water, and acid – indoors and outdoors. Deep bonding formula resists peeling, cracking, UV degradation, and efflorescence. Great for driveways, patios, fountains, and ponds.
Glaze ’N Seal is a crystal clear, high solids acrylic coating designed to protect and beautify concrete, masonry, and tile surfaces. This super-tough film was formulated for interior or exterior use. Walk on it – drive on it (it does reject organic stains). It offers ultimate protection in a clear finish.
Brick Paver Patio – 1 coat applied.
Glaze N Seal Wet Look Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 8
– Glaze N Seal Wet Look is an excellent wet look sealer. The brick paver patio that we applied to had never been sealed since it was installed 6 years ago. The Glaze N Seal enhanced the gray and red paver bricks as if they were wet with water. The customer was very happy after the application.
Gloss Level: 6
– Of the solvent-based sealers, Glaze N Seal Wet Look is not the shiniest. The final gloss level after applying 2 coats was a nice matte shine.
Joint Sand Hardening: 7
– The Glaze N Seal Wet Look is thinner than some of the other paver and decorative concrete sealers. This allowed the sealer to penetrate deep into the sand, hardening the top 3/4″. After two years there was about 30% sand loss or erosion. Some algae and grass had grown in the sand joints after the second season.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 6
– About 60% of the sealer’s wet look had remained after 2 years. No peeling or uneven wearing.
White Haze/Yellowing: 9
– We were impressed with the Glaze N Seal Wet Look Sealer when it came to blushing. The only white marks in the sealer were underneath some potted plants. Most likely trapped moisture or mineral deposits from water.
Overall Score Glaze N Seal Wet Look Sealer at 2 Year Period: 7.2
– Not a bad sealer, if you can find this product locally then we would suggest using it. If not then there are some better solvent-based sealers online, but only slightly better.
Great and enhancing colors, mediocre gloss level, and no blushing make the Glaze N Seal Wet Look sealers a better than average coating for decorative concrete and brick paver surfaces.
Glaze N Seal Product Information:
Where To Buy Online: Glaze n Seal Wet Look
Sealer Type: Solvent Based Acrylic Sealer
Types of Substrates: Brick, Brick Pavers, Stamped Concrete, Aggregate, Natural Stone
Coats Required: 2-4 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-400 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller, Airless Sprayer
Dry Time: 1-3 Hours
Cleanup: Toulene or Lacquer Thinner
VOC Compliant: Not Compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Glaze N Seal
Surface Type: Brick Paver Patio
UV Exposure: Patio in shade
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.