H&C Paver Sealer Gloss is a premium quality sealer that protects pavers and prolongs the natural beauty only pavers can bring to an outdoor living area. This product applies milky white and dries clear to ensure complete coverage, and is extremely easy to apply. It provides excellent weather resistance while protecting the investment against water damage. It is solvent-free and VOC compliant, water-based.
Tested on Brick Paver Pool Deck – 2 coats applied.
H&C Paver Sealer Gloss Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 3
– We applied this sealer to a 6 month old brick paver patio around a pool. We had hoped to achieve a darkened enhanced look to the pavers. The sealer did very little to change the appearance.
Gloss Level: 6
– For a water based sealer, the H&C Paver Sealer did fairly well when it came to adding gloss shine. After applying 2 coats, we achieved a decent semi-gloss look.
Joint Sand Hardening: 8
– The H&C Paver Sealer performed well, hardening the paver sand down to the foundation. After 2 years the sand had little loss or erosion, even around the pool edge.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 5
– H&C Paver Sealer faded significantly after 2 years. Most of the gloss was completely gone and the sealer had started to blush.
White Haze/Yellowing: 3
– The H&C Paver Sealer fared poorly in this area. The sealer had turned white on all exposed areas except around the pool edges. We suspect the sealer had eroded away in this area from the pool chlorine.
Overall Score H&C Paver Sealer Gloss at 2 Year Period: 5
– Due to the white blushing, H&C Paver Sealer will need to be chemically stripped prior to reapplication. This is a big problem when it comes to future maintenance. We cannot recommend any sealers that are prone to turning white.
Overall this is a poor sealer for brick pavers.
Where To Buy Online: Sherwin Williams
Sealer Type: Water-Based Paver Acrylic Sealer
Types of Substrates: Brick, Brick Pavers
Coats Required: 1-2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-150 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller, Airless Sprayer
Dry Time: 1-2 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Manufacturer: H&C Concrete
Surface Type: Brick Pavers
UV Exposure: Around a pool
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.