This post was most recently updated on January 26th, 2022
Kilz Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer Rating
If you have any questions on the Kilz Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
Note this product comes in both Low-Luster and High-Gloss. We tested the High-Gloss version.
Kilz Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer Manufacturer Description
KILZ® Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer is a clear, non-yellowing masonry sealer. The acrylic-based formula seals, protects and beautifies concrete and masonry surfaces with a low-gloss or wet look high-gloss finish. It can also be used as a protective topcoat for paints and stains. Use on previously coated or uncoated, vertical or horizontal, interior or exterior surfaces such as: pavers, concrete, Mexican tile, unglazed tile, brick, aggregate, natural and artificial stone, masonry and stucco. Not recommended for use on wood, metal, granite, marble, terrazzo, areas immediately adjacent to pools or areas subject to hydrostatic pressure. Do not use over oil-based products. Sealed surfaces may become slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on surfaces when moisture is present. For residential applications only. Apply in sections and walk on dry areas during application.
Kilz Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 5
– Kilz Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer darkened our brick paver driveway and had a medium wet look after drying. Not close to solvent-based sealers or other quality water-based sealers.
Gloss Level: 5
– The Kilz Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer gave close to a matte shine. The overall appearance on our test patio was rich looking but not very shiny.
Joint Sand Hardening: 7
– Kilz Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer did harden the sand for 6 months but the sand started to erode away after the 6 months.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 5
– Kilz Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer showed poor results after 2 years. About 50% of the gloss and wet look remained at the 2-year mark.
White Haze/Yellowing: 5
– The Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer had issues turning a white haze. About 50% of the sealer had a white haze to it after applying and stayed that way for the two years.
Overall Score Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealerat 2 Year Period: 5.2
– The Kilz Low-Lustre/Wet Look (High-Gloss) Sealer is an average sealer. Issues with longevity and a white haze is a problem. Numerous issues on Amazon with this product leaving white haze marks and lines.
Where To Buy Amazon: Kilz Low-Lustre Sealer
Sealer Type: Water-based Acrylic. 28% Solids
Types of Substrates: Pavers, Stamped Concrete, Exposed Aggregate, Decorative Concrete
Coats Required: 2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 200 sq. ft per gallon in tests per coat.
Application Tools: Roller or Spray
Dry Time: 4 Hours
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Surface Type: Brick Paver Patio
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.</