This post was most recently updated on January 19th, 2022
2022 MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer Review
As of 2022, we have found that the MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer is one of the most popular sealers for Stamped Concrete Patios, Driveways, and walkways. If you have any questions as to the best type of stamped concrete sealer for your project, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer is a non-yellowing acrylic polymer blend sealer formulated for use on properly cured stamped concrete surfaces. MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer dust proofs concrete with a durable acrylic blend resin. MasonrySaver® Decorative Concrete Sealer leaves an attractive, non-yellowing durable gloss finish that protects concrete from damage and color loss due to ultra-violet light, moisture, and abrasion/wear.
This sealer can be applied on top of previously applied solvent or water-based sealers without creating an adhesion issue.
Applied to a Stamped Concrete Patio.
MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer Ratings (1-10)
Wet Look: 7
– The MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer did darken the surface similar to other water-based sealers. Overall enhancing of the surface was acceptable but not as good as a solvent-based sealer.
Gloss Level: 8
– We applied 2 coats of the sealer at 150 square feet per gallon. The gloss level was a semi-gloss shine after drying.
Joint Sand Hardening: N/A
– Not Applicable for decorative concrete surfaces.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 7
– After 2 years the MasonrySaver sealer has lost about 30% of its gloss and wet look. There was not wearing or pitting of the surface.
White Haze/Yellowing: 10
– No yellowing or white haze after 2 years.
Overall Score MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer at 2 Year Period: 8.0
– The MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer is an excellent concrete sealer for any exterior decorative surface. We have personally used this sealer on numerous projects. We really like that we can use this sealer on top of any old coating. It does not matter if the previous coating was water or oil-based. Extremely easy to apply and a durable sealer that can be re-coated without any issues.
Where To Buy Online: MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer
Sealer Type: Gloss Water-Based Acrylic Blend
Types of Substrates: Stamped Concrete, Acid Stains, Decorative Concrete Surfaces
Coats Required: 2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-150 sq. ft
Application Tools: Plastic Sprayer
Dry Time: 4-6 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Surface Type: Stamped Concrete Patio
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.