MasonrySaver® (Also known as “Defy”) All-Purpose Heavy Duty Water Repellent is a modified siloxane based product designed to penetrate deeply into most masonry and concrete pores. Unlike acrylics, silicones, and other waterproofing sealers that remain on the surface and trap water vapors, this masonry waterproofing product allows deep penetration of its active ingredient of up to 1/4 inch or more. This proprietary blend of silanes and siloxanes creates a “SaltShield™” barrier on concrete surfaces, for greater resistances to the deteriorating effects of road salts and de-icing chemicals. This 100% breathable concrete waterproofing product is a great choice for both horizontal and vertical above grade surfaces.
Concrete Sealer Ingredients: Blend of Silanes and Siloxanes
Concrete Sealer Type: Invisible Water Repellent. Does not change appearance.
MasonrySaver Heavy Duty Water Repellent Scores (1-10)
Ease of Application: 10
– We applied the MasonrySaver Heavy Duty Water Repellent to a 1000 sq. foot driveway using a plastic pump sprayer. The sealer goes on milky white and dried clear in about 20 minutes. It took less then 30 minutes to seal the entire driveway.
Water Repellency: 8
– We waited a day after application then did a water test. The water did bead up well and did not penetrate into the concrete.
Cost per foot: 8 (see note)
– The MasonrySaver Heavy Duty is very reasonably priced at $139.99 per 5 gallon pail. We used 10 gallons of the sealer for our 1000 sq. foot driveway. This came out to $.14 per foot.
Note: Mistake on Calculation. We actually used 7 gallons for a cost of of $.20 per foot.
Durability/Spalling After 2 Years: 9
– After 2 years the MasonrySaver Heavy Duty sealer still performed well with the beading water test. There was no pitting or spalling of the concrete.
MasonrySaver Heavy Duty Water Repellent comes with a 7 year warranty that state: “All-Purpose Heavy-Duty Water Repellent will exhibit a water repellent effect for seven years from the date of application if applied according to label instructions and if minimum application requirements are met.”
Overall Score MasonrySaver Heavy Duty Water Repellent: 8.7
– We really like this sealer. It is easy to apply, durable warranty and beads water well. Cost is more then fair as well.
Top choice for sealing and water proofing any existing concrete surfaces.
Where To Buy Online: MasonrySaver (Defy) Heavy Duty Water Repellent
Types of Substrates: Concrete, Brick, Masonry, Natural Stone
Coats Required: 1 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 75-150 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller, Sprayer
Dry Time: 1-2 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Saver Systems
Surface Type: Concrete Driveway
Exposure: Heavy Traffic, Snow, Salts, Rain
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.