MasonrySaver (Also known as Defy) Epoxy Fortified Paver Sealer is a durable, water-based, clear wet look concrete sealant designed to protect and beautify both clay brick and cement patio type paver stones, giving them a rich satin finish while also functioning as a paver sand sealer.
Paver Sealer provides protection from both water and the ultra-violet light of the sun. It can be used on most types of horizontal, above grade concrete applications including clay brick, clay paver stones, and natural stone.
Applied to a brick paver patio surrounding a pool.
Defy Paver Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 7.5
– The MasonrySaver Paver Sealer did darken the surface but not nearly as much as a solvent based sealer will. It definitely looked richer but was lacking in that deep rich look.
Gloss Level: 6.5
– It took two coats of the sealer to see some gloss. The gloss level was more of a matte shine, not a semi-gloss. Being that this install was around a pool, that could be a benefit for potential slipping.
Joint Sand Hardening: 9
– Excellent joint sand hardening. The water based MasonrySaver Paver Sealer penetrated completely through the sand, solidifying the joint sand all the way to the base.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 7
– The Epoxy Resin in this sealer seemed to help with fading at the 2-year mark. There was not wearing or peeling but rather a very even faded look. Did not seem to have any issues with chlorine from the pool water. Joint sand loss was at a minimal.
White Haze/Yellowing: 10
– There was not any visible white hazing or yellowing of the sealer after 2 years.
Overall Score MasonrySaver Paver Sealer at 2 Year Period: 8.0
– The MasonrySaver Paver sealer is one of the best water-based paver sealers that we have tested. We were a little disappointed by the initial finished appearance but were surprised to how well it help up and prevented any discoloring after two years. Being that it is a water based sealer, it applied easily with a plastic garden sprayer.
We would recommend this sealer for better than average durability and ease of application.
Where To Buy Online: Defy MaonrySaver Paver Sealer
Sealer Type: Satin Gloss Water-Based Epoxy Fortified Acrylic
Types of Substrates: Brick Pavers, Clay Pavers, Natural Stones
Coats Required: 2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 75-150 sq. ft
Application Tools: Plastic Sprayer
Dry Time: 4-12 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Saver Systems
Surface Type: Brick Paver Pool Patio
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.