This post was most recently updated on May 7th, 2023
Masonry Saver Paver Sealer Review
As of 2023, Masonry Saver Paver Sealer continues to exceed expectations by providing a beautiful finish for brick pavers. If you have used Masonry Saver Paver Sealer, we want to hear your input! Feel free to leave us a comment with the pictures below. We are here to help!
MasonrySaver (Also known as Defy) Epoxy Fortified Paver Sealer is a durable, water-based, clear wet-look concrete sealant designed to protect and beautify both clay brick and cement patio type paver stones, giving them a rich satin finish while also functioning as a paver sand sealer.
Paver Sealer provides protection from both water and the ultra-violet light of the sun. It can be used on most types of horizontal, above-grade concrete applications including clay brick, clay paver stones, and natural stone.
Applied to a brick paver patio surrounding a pool.
Masonry Saver Paver Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 7.5
– The MasonrySaver Paver Sealer did darken the surface but not nearly as much as a solvent-based sealer will. It definitely looked richer but was lacking in that deep rich look.
Gloss Level: 6.5
– It took two coats of the sealer to see some gloss. The gloss level was more of a matte shine, not a semi-gloss. Being that this install was around a pool, that could be a benefit for potential slipping.
Joint Sand Hardening: 9
– Excellent joint sand hardening. The water-based MasonrySaver Paver Sealer penetrated completely through the sand, solidifying the joint sand all the way to the base.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 7
– The Epoxy Resin in this sealer seemed to help with fading at the 2-year mark. There was not wearing or peeling but rather a very even faded look. It did not seem to have any issues with chlorine from the pool water. The joint sand loss was at a minimal.
White Haze/Yellowing: 10
– There was not any visible white hazing or yellowing of the sealer after 2 years.
Overall Score MasonrySaver Paver Sealer at 2 Year Period: 8.0
– The MasonrySaver Paver sealer is one of the best water-based paver sealers that we have tested. We were a little disappointed by the initial finished appearance but were surprised by how well it help up and prevented any discoloring after two years. Being that it is a water-based sealer, it is applied easily with a plastic garden sprayer.
We would recommend this sealer for better-than-average durability and ease of application.
MasonrySaver Paver Sealer Product Information:
Where To Buy Online: Defy MasonrySaver Paver Sealer
Sealer Type: Satin Gloss Water-Based Epoxy Fortified Acrylic
Types of Substrates: Brick Pavers, Clay Pavers, Natural Stones
Coats Required: 2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 75-150 sq. ft
Application Tools: Plastic Sprayer
Dry Time: 4-12 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Saver Systems
MasonrySaver Paver Sealer Test Stats:
Surface Type: Brick Paver Pool Patio
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.