This post was most recently updated on January 30th, 2023
2023 QUIKRETE Garage Epoxy Floor Coating Rating
As of 2023, we have found that the QUIKRETE Garage Epoxy Floor Coating does not hold up that well and prematurely wears and peels after only two years. If you have any questions on the QUIKRETE Garage Epoxy Floor Coating, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
QUIKRETE Garage Floor Coating Manufacturer Description
QUIKRETE Garage Floor Coating (No. 0703-57 -58) provides a showroom high-gloss finish, with exceptional durability and superior adhesion eliminates hot tire pickup. Ready to use immediately after mixing. Showroom high-gloss finish with exceptional durability. Superior adhesion eliminates hot-tire pick-up. Ready to use immediately after mixing.
QUIKRETE Garage Floor Coating Review
– QUIKRETE Garage Epoxy Floor Coating was fairly easy to apply. Easy to mix as Part A and Part B come in plastic containers. The application was straightforward after mixing. Dried in 12 hours. We applied this to a new garage floor that had been cured for 2 months. Prepped with the Etch they supplied in the kit.
Gloss Level after Application: 6
– The lower solid content of the QUIKRETE Epoxy Coating Review gave our test garage a medium to satin gloss shine after 24 hours of drying. We had uneven sheen levels as well. Using two kits for our garage and mixing each correctly. one side had a higher shine level than the other side. It did not look very good.
Overall Appearance after Application: 7
– QUIKRETE Epoxy Coating Review is thin in consistency than some of the other DIY brands. It applies like paint and looks very thin compared to an Epoxy is a 100% solid version.
Appearance/Peeling/Wearing After 2 Years: 7
– QUIKRETE Epoxy Coating Review had lost about 30% of the coating and gloss at the 2-year mark. The side that had a higher shine level when applied did not fair as well.
Solid Percentage of Epoxy: 5
– The QUIKRETE Epoxy Coating Review is 45% solids by volume. Very thin and watery comparably.
Overall Score QUIKRETE Epoxy Coating Review at 2 Year Period: 6.6
– The QUIKRETE Epoxy Coating did not perform very well in our test. Uneven shine, thin consistency, and a good amount of wearing after two years. As professional concrete restoration contractors who have been restoring for 20+ years, we will not be using it again in the future.
QUIKRETE Garage Floor Epoxy Product Information:
Where To Buy: Amazon, Online Websites. Nig Box Stores, Specialty Stores
Coating Type: Two-component, Water-Based Epoxy 45% Solids
Types of Substrates: Garage Floors, Basements, Shop Floors
Coats Required: 1 coat
Coverage Per Gallon: 250 sq. ft per kit
Application Tools: Squeegee, Roller
Dry Time: 12-24 Hours
QUIKRETE Garage Floor Epoxy Test Stats:
Surface Type: Garage Floor, never sealed previously.
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
The Best Epoxy Coating Video
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.
What is the cost per kit?
You would have to ask them.