This post was most recently updated on January 26th, 2022
2022 Rust-Oleum RockSolid Rating
As of 2022, we have found that the Rust-Oleum RockSolid has poor coverage results and uneven color after application. If you have any questions on theRust-Oleum RockSolid, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
Rust-Oleum RockSolid Manufacturer Description
Rust-Oleum RockSolid 76 oz. Gray Polycuramine 1 Car Garage Floor Kit (2 Pack) offers unsurpassed durability. The unique Polycuramine formula is 20 times stronger than epoxy. Resists salt, oil, gas, and other harsh chemicals, this is one of the toughest floor coatings available. Works great on workshop floors, garage floors, and other interior concrete surfaces. Zero VOCs and a low odor make it a great choice for indoor applications. Easy to maintain, lasts a lifetime while still looking fantastic.
Rust-Oleum RockSolid Epoxy Review
– Rust-Oleum RockSolid coverage was not close to the suggested amount on the box at about 1/2 or 150 sq. feet per kit. This is a known issue with the brand and product you will find numerous other online reviews complaining about this problem. We do not like the pouches that it comes in and were prone to leaking. The supplied roller does not hold up and falls apart when used. Took 2-3 days to fully cure and dry.
Gloss Level after Application: 8
– The Rust-Oleum RockSolid gave our test garage a higher gloss shine after the 24 hours of drying but the gloss level was not consistent throughout the garage floor.
Overall Appearance after Application: 6
– The Rust-Oleum RockSolid comes in pouches and when using two different kits/pouches and then applying, we noticed that the color is not consistent between the kits.
Appearance/Peeling/Wearing After 2 Years: 8
– Rust-Oleum RockSolid had lost about 20% of the coating and gloss at the 2-year mark. Also numerous scratches on the surface.
Solid Percentage of Epoxy: 9
– The Rust-Oleum RockSolid states it is 90% solids by volume. Better than the other DIY brands but still felt “thin” in consistency.
Overall Score Rust-Oleum RockSolid at 2 Year Period: 7.2
– The Rust-Oleum RockSolid is an average Epoxy Coating kit that is marketed towards the DIY market. The positives are that it has a higher solid content than any other DIY kit that you can find at a Big Box Store and it does come in a high gloss. The negatives are the poor sq. foot coverage and the colors are not consistent between each kit. These issues have been well documented with other consumer reviews. The Rust-Oleum RockSolid holds up slightly better than other brands but still had some wearing issues.
Rust-Oleum ROCKSOLID Epoxy Product Information:
Where To Buy: Lowes, Home Depot, National Hardware Chain Stores, Amazon
Coating Type: Two-component, Water-Based Epoxy 90% Solids
Types of Substrates: Garage Floors, Basements, Shop Floors
Coats Required: 1 coat
Coverage Per Gallon: 200-250 sq. ft per kit. Actual in test 150 Sq Feet.
Application Tools: Roller
Dry Time: 12-24 Hours
Rust-Oleum ROCKSOLID Epoxy Test Stats:
Surface Type: Garage Floor, never sealed previously.
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.