This post was most recently updated on January 26th, 2022
Update 2022 for Seal n Lock Paver Sealer Review
As of 2022, we have found that the Seal n Lock Paver Sealer Review has shown some issues with Brick Pavers. We encourage you to read the comments below. If you have any questions on the Seal n Lock Paver Sealer Review product, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
Seal n Lock Super Wet is a high solid, two-part water-based pure urethane sealer that penetrates the pavers to provide a longer-lasting protective barrier with superior joint stabilization (no need for polymeric sand) resulting in a ‘wet look.’ Super Wet is user-friendly and environmentally safe. The high solids content of pure urethane wears evenly and lasts longer than solvent-based sealers. Super Wet is available in 2 and 5-gallon kits.
Seal n Lock Paver Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 6
– Considering this is the Seal n Lock wet look version, the sealer did a very average job at enhancing or improving the paver stones with a wet look.
Gloss Level: 6
– Same as the wet look, The Seal N Lock did have an average shine after drying. This product goes on milky white but dries to a clear satin shine.
Joint Sand Hardening: 9
– The Seal n Lock did an excellent job with hardening the sand down to the base of the pavers. After 2 years, the sand erosion was minimal.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 2
– After two years the Seal N Lock Wet Look has faded significantly. Very little if any of the shine or wet look was visible. There was a large amount of mold and mildew growing in the sand as well.
White Haze/Yellowing: 10
– Seal n Lock did not yellow or turn white.
Overall Score Seal n Lock Paver Sealer at 2 Year Period: 6.6
– Seal n Lock did not score very well for us. We definitely did not like the one-day application process. We had all kinds of trouble with the “wet sand” application even though we watched their video and talked to the customer service. We could not get the sand even and had air pockets. After many hours we did get the sand even and level but in our opinion, we would prefer to let the pavers dry and sweep in the sand. We also noticed the sealer seemed to feed mold growth in the sand. After checking with some contractors, we have found that this has been a known issue with Seal n Lock.
It does not discolor, decent at sand hardening, everything else was average or poor.
Where To Buy Online: Pressure Wash Supplies
Sealer Type: Wet Look Water-Based Urethane Sealer
Types of Substrates: Brick Pavers, Concrete, Retaining Walls, Aggregate, Natural Stones
Coats Required: 2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 150-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Sprayer
Dry Time: 4 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Seal n Lock
Surface Type: Paver Patio In PA
UV Exposure: 50% Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.