This post was most recently updated on January 26th, 2022
Update 2022 for Super Diamond Clear Sealer
As of 2022, we have found that the Super Diamond Clear Sealer has shown decent results on Stamped Concrete, Brick Pavers, and other Decorative Concrete Surfaces but does have a tendency to turn white from the UV rays. If you have any questions on the Super Diamond Clear Sealer product, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
SUPER DIAMOND CLEAR is a solvent-based curing and sealing compound specially designed to cure new concrete, assuring proper cement hydration and strength gain, while providing a non-yellowing seal to protect and enhance the appearance of concrete.
Super Diamond Clear Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 9
– We were very impressed with the Super Diamond Clear darkening/enhancing the stamped concrete patio. The overall look and colors were enhanced well.
Gloss Level: 8
– Super Diamond clear contains 25% solids according to the manufacturer. This sealer left a nice semi-gloss shine to the stamped concrete patio. We did notice that the Diamond Clear looked stunning when dried.
Joint Sand Hardening: n/a
– It does not apply as we used the Diamond Clear on a Stamped Concrete Patio that contained no jointing sand.
Fading/wearing After 2 Years: 7
– The Diamond Clear did fairly well with fading after 2 years and was on par with other solvent-based sealers containing similar amounts of acrylic. There was not visible wearing or peeling.
White Haze/Yellowing: 6
– We were not impressed with the Diamond Clear when it came to the dreaded white haze. It did not turn white completely but it definitely left a light white look to the sealer and patio.
Overall Score Super Diamond Clear at 2 Year Period: 7.5
– Overall the Super Diamond Clear did well except with the white hazing. We were very impressed with the appearance after application and it did seem to hold up fairly well through the years.
Not a bad sealer but not the best either.
Where To Buy Online: Super Diamond Clear Sealer
Sealer Type: Semi-Gloss Solvent-Based Acrylic
Types of Substrates: Pavers, Stamped Concrete, Exposed Aggregate, Decorative Concrete
Coats Required: 1 coat or 2 thin coats for a higher gloss.
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-125 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller, Metal Sprayer
Dry Time: 4-12 Hours
Cleanup: Xylene or Lacquer Thinner
VOC Compliant: Not compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Euclid Chemical
Surface Type: Stamped Concrete Patio
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.