This post was most recently updated on January 26th, 2022
Update – SuperSeal M Concrete Water Repellent Review
The SuperSeal M Concrete Water Repellent is one of our top sealers for waterproofing concrete based on performance and price. If you have any questions or have used the SuperSeal M Concrete Water Repellent product, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
SUPER SEAL-M is a water-based Silicone Water Repellent made of a special hybrid of Silane and Siloxane. SUPER SEAL-M provides water repellency to porous construction materials such as bricks, stone, concrete blocks, mortar, and grout. It is not suitable for very low-porosity substrates such as polished stone.
The active ingredients in SUPER SEAL-M Water Repellent Sealer are a mixture of different-size particles-some larger, some smaller to fill different size voids. This ensures good penetration into porous substrates, resulting in good coverage and durable water repellency. The active ingredients in SUPER SEAL-M Water Repellent can chemically react with the substrate, ensuring long-lasting performance.
Concrete Sealer Ingredients: Blend of Silanes and Siloxanes
Concrete Sealer Type: Penetrating Clear Water Repellent
SuperSeal M Concrete Water Repellent Scores (1-10)
Ease of Application: 10
– The SuperSeal M was applied to a new concrete driveway the day after installation. SuperSeal specifically says that the sealer can be applied to new concrete as soon as the bead water is gone from the install. We used 5 gallons for the 1000 sq. feet. It took 30 minutes to apply and did not have any issues.
Water Repellency: 8
– After 3 days we tested the water beading with the garden hose. All of the water beaded up on the driveway with a light mist of water. A heavier saturation and the water still did not penetrate into the concrete.
Cost per foot: 10
– We bought a 5-gallon pail of the SuperSeal M for $170 from our local store in TN. We only needed 5 gallons to cover the entire driveway. That comes to $.15 a sq. foot.
Durability/Spalling After 2 Years: 8
– After 2 years the new concrete driveway showed very little wear and tear. The water still beaded up on the surface and no spalling or chipping of the surface was prevalent.
– This product comes with a 5-year warranty.
Overall Score SuperSeal M Concrete Water Repellent: 8.6
– What we liked best about the sealer was the ease of application and the cost per sq. foot. The water repellency was above averages as well. If you are looking for high-quality concrete and masonry sealer that is fairly inexpensive, then the SuperSeal-M would be a great choice.
*Very easy to apply, low cost, durable.
SuperSeal M Product Information:
Where To Buy Online: SuperSeal M Concrete Water Repellent
Types of Substrates: Concrete, Brick, Masonry, Natural Stone
Coats Required: 1 coat
Coverage Per Gallon: 200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Pump Sprayer
Dry Time: 1-2 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Clemons Concrete Coatings
Surface Type: Concrete Driveway
Exposure: Heavy Traffic, Snow, Salts, Rain
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.