This post was most recently updated on January 16th, 2024
Update – SuperSeal VOC Concrete and Paver Sealer
As of 2024, we have found that the SuperSeal VOC Concrete and Paver Sealer is one of the most popular sealers for Stamped Concrete, Brick Pavers, and other Decorative Concrete Surfaces. If you have any questions on the SuperSeal VOC Concrete and Paver Sealer product, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
This is a Low VOC solvent-based concrete sealer that is compliant with states that restrict the Volatile Organic Compounds to a 250 limit.
The SuperSeal VOC is a 25% solid solvent-based acrylic that is primarily used for all exterior decorative concrete such as Brick Pavers, Stamped Concrete, Exposed Aggregate, etc. This sealer will darken the appearance and leave a shine similar to a semi-gloss.
It was one of a handful of solvent-based sealers of this type that can still be shipped to states such as California.
Note: This sealer has the same properties as the SuperSeal25 but with an exempt solvent that allows it to be used for Low VOC restricted states.
SuperSeal VOC Paver and Concrete Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 10
– SuperSeal VOC enhanced the Stamped Concrete patio dramatically. The gray and red colors in the dye of the concrete were restored and enhanced to a rich color.
Gloss Level: 7
– SuperSeal VOC is a 25% solid styrene-acrylic sealant. After drying the patio had retained a semi-gloss shine, Overall appearance was uniform and no bubbles in the sealer were present.
Joint Sand Hardening: 7
– We did not have any sand on the stamped concrete patio. We have used this sealer for brick pavers were the jointing sand did harden well for 2 years with minimal washout.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 8
– The sealer had lost about 20% of its original shine and wet look at the 2-year mark. No peeling, pitting or wearing was noticeable.
White Haze/Yellowing: 10
– There was no visible white hazing or yellowing of the sealer after 2 years.
Overall Score SuperSeal VOC at 2 Year Period: 8.4
– SuperSeal VOC is an excellent solvent-based sealer. If you are in a limited VOC state and need a quality solvent-based sealer for brick pavers or other decorative concrete surfaces, the SuperSeal VOC would be a good choice.
SuperSeal VOC Product Information:
Where To Buy Online: SuperSeal VOC Paver Sealer
Sealer Type: Semi-Gloss Solvent-Based Styrene Acrylic
Types of Substrates: Pavers, Stamped Concrete, Exposed Aggregate, Decorative Concrete
Coats Required: 1 coat
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-125 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller, Metal Sprayer
Dry Time: 1-4 Hours
Cleanup: Lacquer Thinner or Acetone
VOC Compliant: Not compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Clemons Concrete Coatings
Surface Type: Stamped Patio
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.