Update Spring 2018
As of 2018, we have found that the Super Seal 30 Gloss is one of the most popular sealers for Stamped Concrete, Brick Pavers, and other Decorative Concrete Surfaces. If you have any questions on this product, please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
SuperSeal30 is a Higher Gloss Concrete Sealer that can be used for many different types of concrete surfaces. SuperSeal30 is very popular for Brick Paver Patios, Exposed Aggregate, and Stamped Concrete. This sealer will darken the appearance and leave a shine.
The SuperSeal30 is a solvent based breathable acrylic sealer.
SuperSeal30 Paver and Concrete Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 10
– SuperSeal30 contains 30% solid content of acrylic. It darkened our 4-year-old paver patio as if wet with water and stayed that way after drying. Enhanced the natural red and brown tones in our paver bricks.
Gloss Level: 9
– The high solid content of the SuperSeal gave our paver patio a high gloss shine. The overall appearance on out test patio was quite rich looking but not too shiny that it looked “fake”. The sealer was slightly slippery for the first couple of weeks when it rained but after full curing, that was not an issue.
Joint Sand Hardening: 7
– SuperSeal30 is very thick in consistency. While it did harden the sand between the pavers, it did not harden as well as some of the water based versions. Due to the thickness of the sealer, it did not penetrate as deeply into the sand. The top 1/2 inch of the sand had hardened.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 7
– SuperSeal30 gets our best score when it comes to fading from sun’s UV. It did fade evenly with no wearing. About 70% of the gloss and wet look remained at the 2-year mark.
White Haze/Yellowing: 10
– There was not visible white hazing or yellowing of the sealer after 2 years.
Overall Score SuperSeal30 at 2 Year Period: 8.6
– SuperSeal30 is an excellent sealer for brick pavers and other decorative surfaces. It does what it is supposed to do by adding a rich look to the surface without any side effects. Future maintenance would be easy with a light cleaning and re-coat. We like that it is a breathable styrene acrylic. This greatly reduces any chance of hazing due to trapped moisture.
Where To Buy Online: SuperSeal30 Paver Sealer
Sealer Type: High Gloss Solvent-Based Styrene Acrylic
Types of Substrates: Pavers, Stamped Concrete, Exposed Aggregate, Decorative Concrete
Coats Required: 1 coat
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-125 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller
Dry Time: 4-12 Hours
Cleanup: Xylene or Lacquer Thinner
VOC Compliant: Not compliant in all States
Manufacturer: Clemons Concrete Coatings
Surface Type: Brick Paver Patio, never sealed previously.
UV Exposure: Full Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.