This post was most recently updated on January 30th, 2023
Surebond SB-6000 Sealer Review
SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer seals and enhances the natural colors of treated surfaces with a luxurious, wet look. It is breathable and will not trap naturally occurring efflorescence, allowing it to be applied immediately after paving stones are installed. SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer improves surface durability and freeze-thaw resistance while protecting the surface from salt, acid, and staining. SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer is a water-based, exterior quality, epoxy modified surface sealer.
Surebond SB-6000 Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 8
– For a water-based sealer, SB-6000 does a better than average job with darkening the brick pavers with a rich wet look. Applies milky white but dries crystal clear.
Gloss Level: N/A
– SB-6000 is not designed to add a gloss or shine.
Joint Sand Hardening: 8
– Surebond sealers are designed to stabilize jointing sand and the SB-6000 does not disappoint. After saturating the pavers sand with 2 coats of the sealer, the sand was hard to the touch within a few hours. The manufacturer suggests adding the SB-1300 joint sand stabilizing sealer after for increased sand stabilization.
Fading/Wearing After 2 Years: 6
– SB-6000 did fairly well with fading. There was no uneven peeling or wearing.
White Haze/Yellowing: 9
– SB-6000 is a breathable sealer so at the 2-year mark there was not any white hazing from trapped moisture. There was a small amount of efflorescence visible in a shaded area.
Overall Score Surebond SB-6000 Sealer Sealer at 2 Year Period: 7.8
– SB-6000 is a very good sealer if you are looking for a wet look with little to no gloss. The sealer applies very easily and is fairly durable. One downside is that it is more expensive than most brands.
Applies easily, fades evenly, and does not discolor.
Where To Buy Online: SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer
Sealer Type: Wet Look Water-Based Acrylic Epoxy Sealer
Types of Substrates: Brick Pavers, Concrete, Retaining Walls, Aggregate, Natural Stones
Coats Required: 2 coats
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Roller, Sprayer
Dry Time: 1-4 Hours
Cleanup: Soap and Water
VOC Compliant: Compliant in all States
Surface Type: Paver Patio
UV Exposure: 50% Sun
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.