H&C Paver Sealer Gloss is a premium quality sealer that protects pavers and prolongs the natural beauty only pavers can bring to an outdoor living area. This product applies milky white and dries clear to ensure complete coverage, and is extremely easy to apply. It provides excellent weather resistance while protecting the investment against water damage. It is solvent-free and VOC compliant, water-based.
Tested on Brick Paver Pool Deck – 2 coats applied.
H&C Paver Sealer Gloss Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 3
– We applied this sealer to a 6 month old brick paver patio around a pool. We had hoped to achieve a darkened enhanced look to the pavers. The sealer did very little to change the appearance.
Gloss Level: 6
– For a water based sealer, the H&C Paver Sealer did fairly well when it came to adding gloss shine. After applying 2 coats, we achieved a decent semi-gloss look.
MasonrySaver (Also known as Defy) Epoxy Fortified Paver Sealer is a durable, water-based, clear wet look concrete sealant designed to protect and beautify both clay brick and cement patio type paver stones, giving them a rich satin finish while also functioning as a paver sand sealer.
Paver Sealer provides protection from both water and the ultra-violet light of the sun. It can be used on most types of horizontal, above grade concrete applications including clay brick, clay paver stones, and natural stone.
Applied to a brick paver patio surrounding a pool.
Defy Paver Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 7.5
– The MasonrySaver Paver Sealer did darken the surface but not nearly as much as a solvent based sealer will. It definitely looked richer but was lacking in that deep rich look.
Gloss Level: 6.5
– It took two coats of the sealer to see some gloss. The gloss level was more of a matte shine, not a semi-gloss. Being that this install was around a pool, that could be a benefit for potential slipping.
SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer seals and enhances the natural colors of treated surfaces with a luxurious, wet look. It is breathable and will not trap naturally occurring efflorescence, allowing it to be applied immediately after paving stones are installed. SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer improves surface durability and freeze-thaw resistance while protecting the surface from salt, acid, and staining. SB-6000 Wet Look Sealer is a water-based, exterior quality, epoxy modified surface sealer.
Surebond SB-6000 Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 8
– For a water based sealer, SB-6000 does a better than average job with darkening the brick pavers with a rich wet look. Applies milky white but dries crystal clear.
Gloss Level: N/A
– SB-6000 is not designed to add a gloss or shine.
H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look Water-based is a premium quality 100% clear acrylic sealer that will enhance and protect previously coated, bare concrete, and other masonry surfaces. It is a single component, nationally compliant sealer that can be applied to both interior or exterior applications. H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look Water-based will apply milky white to ensure complete coverage but dries to a transparent, durable gloss finish.
Tested on Brick Pavers – 2 coats applied.
H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 5
– Being that this sealer is H&C’s designated “wet look” sealer, we expected a much richer look. The sealer did darken the surface but only slightly. Not on par with other water based sealers and not even close to a good solvent based sealer.
Gloss Level: 4
– H&C Wet Look Sealer had little to no gloss for the first coat and a matte sheen after the second coat.
Seal n Lock Super Wet is a high solids, two-part water based pure urethane sealer that penetrates the pavers to provide a longer lasting protective barrier with superior joint stabilization (no need for polymeric sand) resulting in a ‘wet look.’ Super Wet is user-friendly and environmentally safe. The high solids content of pure urethane wears evenly and lasts longer than solvent based sealers. Super Wet is available in 2 and 5 gallon kits.
The first all in one day process!
Seal n Lock Paver Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 6
– Considering this is the Seal n Lock wet look version, the sealer did a very average job at enhancing or improving the paver stones with a wet look.
Gloss Level: 6
– Same as the wet look, The Seal N Lock did have an average shine after drying. This product goes on milky white but dries to a clear satin shine.
BEHR PREMIUM® WET-LOOK SEALER is a clear, non-yellowing, high solids, acrylic-based masonry sealer. It is formulated to seal, protect and beautify concrete and masonry surfaces with a high gloss, wet-look finish. BEHR PREMIUM WET-LOOK SEALER is also an excellent topcoat for paints and stains.
Applied to a stamped concrete walkway.
Behr Wet Look Sealer Scores (1-10)
Wet Look: 3
– Wet look? The Behr wet look sealer barely changed the appearance of the stamped concrete surface even after two coats. Went on milky white and dried milky as well.
Gloss Level: 3
– Behr claims that their sealer will leave a high gloss shine. After the two coast, we barely saw any remnants of any gloss let alone a high gloss. Very misleading marketing from Behr.