This post was most recently updated on January 30th, 2023
2023 Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Coating Review
If you have any questions on the Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Coating please ask below in our Q&A area. We are here to help!
The Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Coating Manufacturer Description
Restore-A-Garage is an advanced, water-based, Concrete Epoxy Floor Coating System used for maximum protection and longevity. Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Coating is a 100% solid, high build garage floor epoxy coating that undergoes a chemical reaction that results in a thick coating, tightly bonded to the prepared surface. Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Coating will protect against abrasions, stains, impact, and chipping AND IS resistant to moisture, dirt, chemicals, and salts making it ideal for those living in climates where rain and snow are common as the seasons change.
Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Coating is ideal for all concrete types such as garage floors, warehouse floors, industrial floors, shop floors, basements, concrete patios, concrete countertops, wood, and metal.
Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Review
– The Restore-A-Garage Epoxy is a two-component coating system and is easy to apply and the directions are easy to follow. Once you mix Part A and Part B together, you spread the coating over the surface with a notched squeegee and even out with a roller. We were able to cover our 3-car test garage in less than 30 minutes. Using Spiked shoes we then broadcasted the Fleck evenly over the surface. We top coated later with their optional Gloss Aliphatic Urethane coating. This rolls on very easily.
Gloss Level after Application: 9
– The high 100% solid content of the Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Coating gives a nice gloss to the floor. We top coated this with the Gloss Top Coat that is optional and adds additional shine and protection to the surface. FYI, they do carry an optional Satin sheen if you prefer a lower luster.
Overall Appearance after Application: 9
– Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Coating is thicker (100% solid) in consistency than any of the other DIY brands but applies very well with the squeegee applicator. Applying at 10 mils, the coating is considered a one-coat application. We used a medium to heavy broadcast for the decorative fleck. French Gray Color. The overall finished appearance was excellent. See picture.
Appearance/Peeling/Wearing After 2 Years: 9
– Restore-A-Garage Epoxy had no peeling at all and retained about 90% of its shine and gloss at the 2-year mark. Overall the Restore-A-Garage Epoxy Coating was in almost perfect condition.
Solid Percentage of Epoxy: 10
– The Restore-A-Garage Epoxy is a 100% solid Epoxy Coating.
Overall Score Restore-A-Garage Epoxy at 2 Year Period: 9
– The Restore-A-Garage Epoxy is a Commercial Grade Epoxy Coating System made easy to apply for your average DIY homeowner or contracting professional. As concrete restoration contractors who have been restoring all types of concrete for 20+ years, this is the top Epoxy system that we have seen or used. The Restore-A-Garage Epoxy applies easily, looks, and performs with 100% durability, and overall looked fantastic on our customer’s floor. Any future maintenance would consist of applying another coat of their Top Coat Urethane as needed.
Where To Buy: Restore-A-Garage.com
Coating Type: Two-component, Epoxy 100% Solids. 12 different color options.
Types of Substrates: Garage Floors, Basements, Shop Floors, Warehouse, Counter Tops
Coats Required: 1 coat
Coverage Per Gallon: 200-250 sq. ft per kit
Application Tools: Squeegee and Roller
Dry Time: 12-24 Hours
Manufacturer: RAD OPW LLC
Surface Type: 3 Car Garage Floor
How Many Years Tested: 2 Years
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different surface types, exposure to UV radiation, and traffic.
The Best Epoxy Coating Video
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing, concrete sealing, and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior restoration. Scott and his restoration Michigan company have restored over 10,000 projects in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the restoration industry and has contributed to numerous restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.